Yes, I was talking to you.
If social media has taught us anything, it’s that everyone has an opinion. Sure, those opinions are not always welcome. It proves how different while really the same we are, and that each of us have a story to tell. Don’t believe me? The publishing industry sees more than 1 million self-published books every year and that number is rising.
If you think you have a good idea for a book, you probably do.
Even if you think it’s already been done, your take on an idea will be different. Don’t over think it.
Since I was a child, whenever I doubted my ability to do something difficult, I reasoned that there are millions who have gone before me who have done same thing. Furthermore, I have to be better/smarter/funnier than at least half of them, right? Absolutely. There are 7.6 billion people in the world. I bet a few of those people would love to hear what you have to say.
Think about it.
- Have you successfully completed/executed something professionally?
- Did last Christmas’ romance movie season inspire you to write your own fiction?
- Have you overcome something personally?
- Do you have a plan to help create/grow/develop a business?
- Are you on the other side of a traumatic life experience?
- Have you always wanted to inspire people with a message of faith?
- Have you thought about taking your hobby to the next level?
- Are you passionate about something you discovered that has helped you live a better life?
- Do you want to share the story of your life with your family and friends?
- Do you have a cute/funny/inspiriting story your made up for your children?
- Do you write poetry?
- Are you a Veteran who would like to share his/her experience or that of a family member?
- Is your life something that could only happen in the movies?
I bet you said yes more than once. It’s time! Grab a piece of paper or some index cards and write an outline or chapter headings. And just start. Commit to yourself. Commit to your message. Don’t doubt. It doesn’t have to be perfect. There are online grammar checkers, proofreaders, editors and even ghost writers if you need help. Join Facebook groups for writers/professionals/seekers in your genre for inspiration and encouragement. Enlist the help and support of our family and friends too.
When it’s time to launch that new masterpiece, I can help! Be sure to check out my 6-Week Book Launch System when you’re ready or ask me about my on-going, author support program. Click the link to my appointment calendar anytime to set up a day and time that’s most convenient to chat and I will give you a call.
I can’t wait to read your book!