It’s already the beginning of October, if you haven’t thought about your holiday book promotions by now, it’s not too late.
Here are a few quick suggestions:
- Reduce the price of your book for a short time. Don’t go crazy. Don’t give them away. Everyone loves a sale though, especially during the holiday season.
- Sell a set of books at a reduced rate. If you have a set that you don’t already sell together, this a great time to create a special holiday bundle. More for less!
- Suggest an audience in your promotion – “Great gift for the student on your list”, “Perfect gift for Mom”, “Great gift for Dad”, etc. Tell the person reading your post or ad who the book was written for. It’s great for an impulse purchase.
- Sell your book with a product. My kids never wanted just a book at the Scholastic book fair, they needed the book with the action figure, stuffed animal, or pen. Adults are just bigger kids who want that notebook, workbook, coffee mug or pen.*
- Facebook/Instagram PPC campaign. Set your budget and campaign length. Determine your goal. Choose your audience. Since Facebook owns Instagram, you’ll get more bang for your buck when your Facebook ad posts to Instagram too.
- Book signings. Your local book shop (Remember, bigger isn’t always better.) may have days available through the holiday season. An active book signing helps draw very welcome foot traffic to a brick and mortar store during the holiday season. Have fun with a holiday themed signing!
- Promote via email, website, blog, and social media. Everything you do will work together to help you to better promote your books during the holiday season and improve your SEO. Review every step to make sure you mention your promotion in every channel of your platform.
Need more help?
I’ve got lots of other great ideas for a successful holiday season. Consider my eight-week author marketing coaching to help you set up a strong finish to 2019 and a powerful start to the new year. No time? I’m also available for retainer marketing. Let’s talk this week!
Questions? I’m always available by email or comment in the box below.
As always, I am blessed to be a blessing,