Readers are Leaders and Leaders are Readers
My kids giggle at me when I say things like this. I bet if you Googled the habits of successful people,you’ll find that every list talks about reading. And yet, most people will tell you they don’t have time to read. I think if you really pay attention, you’ll find time throughout the day that you can spend reading or even listening to a book. Taking it one step further… I don’t think we can afford NOT to read.
Earlier this year, I decided to embark on a book-a-week reading challenge. If you check out my Library page, you’ll find a list of the books I’ve read this year along with my Amazon Affiliate links to buy them (or borrow them from your local library!). It’s surprisingly difficult to keep up-to-date, so you can also follow me on GoodReads for the most accurate list. I am on target to finish strong this year! I wanted to share a list of my favorite books with you. Keep in mind, this list changes. Some of these I’ve read recently and some not so recently. Either way, they stand out as books I think are worth your time.
Here are my Top 10 Books for Work and Beyond:
- Thinks and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Rework, Jason Fried
- Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- People Over Profit, Dale Partridge
- Be All You Can Be by John C. Maxwell
- You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life, Jen Sincero
- Greater: Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God’s Vision for Your Life. by Steven Furtick
- Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- Intentional Living: Choosing a Life That Matters by John C. Maxwell
- The Bible
- BONUS: The Little House on The Prairie Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder – Where my love of reading began.
These are my top-of-mind choices for now. They change as my needs change. I couldn’t decide which Max Lucado or Beth Moore book to choose, you can’t go wrong with anything from either of them. And of course, there are the classics… That’s another list, for another time.
I would love to hear about what you’re reading or what you thought of the books I listed above. Please be sure to add your comments below.
As always, I am…